Click on Next Art or directly on an image.
Gabriola Palette People is an informal art group that was formed many years ago to provide an inclusive and creative art environment where members come together regularly to develop their artistic skills. Members get together once or twice weekly to create art using watercolour, acrylic, oil paints or mixed media.
The objectives of the 'Palette People' art group are to:
- Provide an opportunity for members to meet and practice their visual art skills.
- Ensure that all members enjoy this association in an inclusive, safe and respectful environment.
- Provide workshops at a reasonable fee.
- Encourage members at all levels of skill to increase their potential.
- Provide opportunities for members to show their work.
Eligibility and Fees:
- It is not necessary to be a senior to be a member of Palette People.
- The annual fee is $20.
- Members must also become members of the Gabriola Senior Citizens’ Association which requires an annual fee for use of the Rollo Centre, plus an additional drop-in fee of $2 for every session you attend.
Members are asked to attend a monthly meeting that is held on the first Tuesday of each month.
A members-only online community is available through Facebook:
Regular Art Sessions
- Art sessions are held on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:30 to 12 pm at the Rollo Centre (685 North Road). Members may paint through to 4 pm, provided the Gabriola Senior Citizens’ Association does not require use of the Rollo Centre.
- At all sessions, including workshops, members are expected to help set up and take down tables, stack chairs, sweep the floor and take turns in keeping the kitchen in order (e.g. make coffee, turn on the dishwasher).
- DVD's and books are available for members to sign out.
Exhibiting opportunities are provided at various local venues.
2019 Themes for Rollo Centre Exhibits:
- January - Abstracts
- February - Children
- March - Still Life
2018 Executive Board
Barbara Hague, President
Ken Manninen, Vice-President
Maxine McRae, Past-President
Anne Havard/Jenny Feenan, Secretary
Cathie Compton, Treasurer and Membership
Judith Madsen, Workshops
Ken Manninen, Communications
Erika Hammond, Display and Art Hanging
Christine Velsen, Archives
Gabriola Palette People Workshop Registration, Payment, Wait List and Cancellation Policy
Please notify the Workshop Coordinator when you want to register for a workshop by email or in person at a meeting at Rollo Centre.
A deposit of $25.00 is required at time of registration to hold a spot for you. Payment of the remaining workshop fee is required 30 days in advance of the workshop start date (Amount to be determined for each workshop, please see the applicable Workshop announcement).
Payment by cheque should be made to Gabriola Palette People. We do not accept post-dated cheques. Mail or hand-deliver cheque to the Palette People Treasurer: Name and address
Each Painting Workshop has been priced on the basis of a minimum number of members required to cover the costs of facilitating the workshop. If, after you have paid in full, you find you are unable to attend, there are two options:
- You may find your own substitute in which case any financial transaction is between you and your substitute.
- We will gladly refund your workshop fees if we are able to replace you from a waiting list.
In the event that a registrant for a workshop has an unexpected crisis due to illness, accident or death in the family, a request to the Executive may be made to forego the cancellation penalties.
In the event that a workshop you wish to take is full, you can choose to be placed on a waiting list by contacting the workshop coordinator. Any positions that may open up will be filled based on the date of placement on the wait list. If we are unable to contact you, we will move to the next listed individual.
If We Cancel:
In the unlikely event that we or the instructor need to cancel a workshop, all fees that have been collected will be fully refunded.
For Detailed Workshop Information, contact Judith Madsen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ken Manninen: www.KenManninen.com
Anne Havard: www.annehavard.artistwebsites.com
Esther Robison: www.EstherRobison.com
Judith Madsen: www.JudithMadsen.com
Barbara Hague: www.BarbaraHague.com
British Columbia, Canada
Web Address: http://www.GabriolaPalettePeople.ca